Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Blog Assignment "My Top Three"


This is a blog post.  Title it "My Top Three Yourcategory"

You get to choose the category (sports you like, sports you play, video games, candy, sodas, movies, television shows, foods, hobbies, bands, etc.)

List your choices from 1 to 3.  Write at least 3 sentences about why you made each choice.

Include at least 1 picture for each choice.

My Top Three Sports (That I Play)

1.  Beach Volleyball

I have been playing beach volleyball for about 25 years.  I love it for many reasons.  It is great exercise, and I love competing.  I have played in many tournaments over the years including one this past Saturday.  When I was younger, I would play for 8 hours a day on the weekends.

2.  Running

I have been into running since the ninth grade when I began competing on the track team.  After high school I ran sporadically.  I picked it back up and have been running consistently for the past 8 years.  I love the exercise aspect of running as well as the personal competitive part of it.  I currently compete in half marathons.  Last year, I ran the Surf City Half Marathon and well as the OC Half Marathon.  This year, I will be running the Long Beach Half Marathon (3 weeks from Sunday), the Surf City Half, and the OC Half.  I also love mud/obstacle course runs.  

3.  Curling

The newest sport that I participate in is Curling (the Olympic sport played on ice).  I have been curling for about 6 months.  I am currently in the last 2 weeks of my third league.  In my first league, my team won the championship!  In my second league, my team got dead last!  In the current league, we are playing in the semifinals on Saturday night.  If we win on Saturday, we will be playing for the championship on the following Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment